News & Events
Our Community Food Bank shelves are running low!
Give hope to families in Vernon by donating from the list below.
The Food Bank needs:
- canned milk
- coffee (regular and decaf)
- dish soap
- laundry soap
- foil/plastic wrap
- hand soap
- body wash
- paper towels
- feminine products
Thank you for your generous support of those in need in our community!
Can you believe that Summer break is only 4 weeks away??!!
PARENTS! - You'll be happy to hear that The Salvation Army will be holding....
SUMMER DAY CAMPS!
JULY 10th - 14th -
Theme: "CANADA 150 ROAD TRIP!"
JULY 31st - AUGUST 4th -
Theme: "HERO CENTRAL!"
AUGUST 8th - 11th -
Theme: "FUN MAKER FACTORY!"
To be held @ THE SALVATION ARMY HOUSE OF HOPE
FOR KIDS AGES 5-12!
Space is limited, so be sure to register soon!
Call the House of Hope to register starting June 5th.
Hope you had a chance to check out Creative Chaos!!
As always, it was an AMAZING event, with great vendors and an array of wonderful products to purchase!
The Salvation Army wishes to thank the organizers, vendors and customers
for the 3527 lbs of food and $1024.00 in monetary donations
raised in support of the Food Bank!
We truly live in a community filled with generous and compassionate people.
Thank you for being Heroes for Hope to those in need.
Do you have a little one under 24 months?
Are you finding it difficult to keep up with the costs of baby essentials?
Would you love to have the opportunity to connect with other parents and tots?
Do you have a million questions about your baby's development and nutrition?
The Salvation Army can help.
Our Moms and Tots Program is offered on the
2nd Thursday of each month from 1:30 to 3:30pm!
At Moms and Tots, you'll receive.....
* a bundle of essential items for your baby (wipes, diapers, baby food, etc)
* some nutritious items for your family
* play group time for your tot and conversation with other parents!
* the opportunity to connect with a Public Health Nurse!
TO ATTEND, PLEASE PREREGISTER BY THE 1st WEDNESDAY OF EACH MONTH!
REGISTER BY CALLING 250-549-4111
- Sunshine Festival - JUNE 17th
- Emergency Disaster Services Training - JUNE 22nd & 23rd
- Century 21 and SUN FM "Feed the Need" Food Drive - JULY 20th
- Okanagan Military Tattoo @ Kal Tire Place - JULY 29th & 30th
- The Salvation Army is celebrating 111 years of service in Vernon! Celebrations will take place Sept. 8th, 9th & 10th
Are you between the ages of 5-17 and
looking for somewhere to hang out after school?
WELL...the House of Hope's NEW Youth Drop-in Center is for you!
Join our Youth Coordinator, Jill, and other kids as they enjoy....
Sports and Play time in the Gym!
Arts and Crafts!
And even a chance to get some help with homework!
Wednesdays from 2:30-4:30pm!
Contact Jill for more information...
Email: [email protected]
Hope to see you Wednesday!!